Getting Ready for CBUS

Hi all.

I've been drooling over Franks CBUS installation thinking "I Want, I
Want".
But as always funds become an issue.... So

I'm in the process of rewiring the lights in the house and had a
thought..... I can't afford the CBUS stuff yet... but I should be able to
cable for it.

The mains feed for the upstairs lights goes through my Node 0 so, is it
feasible to put a consumer unit in the middle of it all and, instead of
running the mains feed from junction box to junction box, run separate
mains
feeds for each set of lights via individual 6a mcbs (each set of lights
having its own mcb).?

That way when I come to put in the CBUS (or as an interim put some X10
modules in) all the mains wiring is in place and I can just swap the mcbs
for the CBUS module.

That brings me onto another couple of questions.....

How wide does the consumer unit need to be for the 8way CBUS unit (I guess
in mcbs..)?
I have Mains halogen lights in the rooms that are dimmable using IR light
switches, the CBUS "dimmable" unit says it is for Low voltage and
incandescent lights.... Do I use that for the mains halogen?

Oh and does anyone know the best place to buy low cost consumer units?

TIA

Neil