Re: GoVideo Network DVD Player

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: GoVideo Network DVD Player
  • From: "Derek Erb" <erb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:37:49 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy Bone" <andy@a...> wrote:

>   Opinions are like arseholes - we all have them! ;-)

Oh... well... excuuuuuuuse me.  I went to a technically oriented
group that I participate in regularly and asked for technical
opinion from technically-minded people.

Instead I got a discussion as regards the validity of opinions,
without ever getting an opinion.

I then read a large comparison of the validity of WiFi for this type
of product which I had never asked for.  I obviously should have
been more detailed in my request.  I'm learning...

I wouldn't think of using WiFi for video streaming on my network.
That's why I am in the process of wiring my entire house with Cat5e
cables (see other thread) with wired Ethernet plugs in each room.

As everyone appears to not think highly of this product let me
rephrase my question differently:

What product would you recommend which allows us in Europe to stream
digital music, digital images and DVDs through the wired Ethernet
network and directly to the stereo and television without another
computer?