Re: MP3 taggers....

Anything that uses id3lib should be able to do this, so I had a look
through recent messages to the id3lib-devel list. One program that was
pointed to was at http://www.htageditor.de/ . I couldn't
find anything
on the website that referred to this functionality, and I don't use
Windows so I can't check it, but you could download it (it's free) and
see if it does what you want.

Alternatively, you could almost certainly accomplish this with id3lib,
MP3::Id3lib and a bit of perl. How you would go about it would depend
what logic you want to use to assign the multiple genres.

An approach I would prefer would be to move away from a genre list to a
genre "tree" (particularly as the ID3 genre list is so daft -
what is
Negerpunk, by the way?). There was some work done on this ages ago in
the early days of ID3v2, but I'm not sure anything came of it. It
probably died because it needs to be quite complex to represent
relationships between genres appropriately. A simple tree doesn't work
because child genres need to be able to belong to more than one major
branch (e.g. acid jazz). You need a structure that can describe any
genre in terms of its relationship to other genres. Then you simply tag
any track with the appropriate genre, and programs use the tree to
deduce from that genre what other genres the track would also fit into.

Cheers,

Bruno