RE: Plastering Course - recommended !!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Plastering Course - recommended !!
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:30:04 -0000

David

Invisible mends worked incredibly well - i'd never managed it before.

You basically fill the chase with the backing coat (cant remember what is
called - bonding i think) it is quite course, when you have filled it you
drag it flat with your trowel. Because it is course it leaves air pockets.
When it is nearly set you run the corner of your trowel up the sides of the
chase to leave a little recess. When dried, top coat with plaster, trowel
off a couple of times and bingo - professional finish :)

Dean.