Re: X10 Curtain Controller for Autoglide/Swish!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X10 Curtain Controller for Autoglide/Swish!
  • From: "m_surgenor" <zen8432@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:41:05 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@p...> wrote:
> Homeseer has power fail handling logic built-in... (Although I
haven't
> needed to use it), which may help

I thought that all it did though was to check back from the last time
logged for any Homeseer events that should have run in that period
and then run them.  I've used this successfully in the past but the
problem I was trying to solve was caused by the power coming back on -
an event Homeseer knows nothing about.  I think David's shutdown
flag should do the trick though.

> And a UPS too expensive?!? - they can be had for less than fifty
> quids...

Maybe I need to re-think this.  I'd been looking at something to keep
running all the kit in node zero - and thinking about how to keep it
powered for some time. I guess realistically though it is only the
Homeseer PC, the CM12U and perhaps the router that needs to be on the
UPS. And even then it only needs to be on long enough for a
controlled shutdown. Is that the correct rationale? Rather than to
keep them running for long periods??

> I've now got a smarter motor solution though, so I probably won't be
> needing those Swish motors (so they may well be on offer here in a
> couple of weeks!) so I may never get round to trying this method of
> detection...

So what motors are you now using?

Malcolm