Re: Wireless networking on Fujitsu Point 510

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Wireless networking on Fujitsu Point 510
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:49:27 -0000

Mark,

I used an Lucent "Orinoco Gold" card on my 510.

The Lucent part number is (was?) PC24E-H-FC.

This is with the 510 upgraded to Windows 98, and then using the
standard software. The upgrade/install was actually done before I
bought the 510, so I've no idea how complex it was. The upgrade would
have been done either by Gareth Cook, Phil Harris or Chris Bond - so
treat those three as knowing exactly what they are talking about!

It's fairly stable - if you leave it on for several days it tends to
bomb out, but in normal use it's fine. Pretty much the only thing I
use it for is controlling the house, which is done with Opera
pointing at the home webserver. All the clever stuff is done server
side on a desktop PC with a real keyboard and a modern O/S :-)

Regards,

Mark Harrison

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mark" <mark.2003@b...> wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> I just won a Fujitsu Point 510 on Ebay and wondered if anyone has
experience finding and fitting a wireless network card?

> It has to be a 16-Bit PCMCIA card I believe.
>
> I searched the archive on UKHA and there is mention of a couple of
websites.   Unfortunately, neither are there anymore.

> Interested to hear your comments, plus any other input on using the
Fujitsu on home automation / mp3 jukebox applications.