Re: MP3 taggers....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MP3 taggers....
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:43:23 -0000

Don,

Thanks, you have got me thinking in another direction that may solve
the underlying requirement.

I don't use the PC for music replay... I use Rio Receivers/DDARs.

Hence the music server is JReceiver... However, now you mention it,
JReceiver does support dynamic playlists based on multiple
criteria... so I could create my bizarre selections based on those
rather than multiple genres.

... so Progrock becomes a playlist defined as:

SELECT WHERE ARTIST = "Marillion" OR ARTIST = "Genesis"
OR ...

Regards,

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Don McAllister" <donmc@b...> wrote:
> I've switched over to itunes as my mp3 jukebox player. It has
dynamic
> playlsts that enable you to select multiple criteria as the song
selection
> ie I use a combination of genre and date if 70's Rock required.
>
> Don

real
> > world when people started playing with LARGE datasets.
> >
> > The problem that multiple genres fixes is that sometimes I
> > want to listen to "Rock", sometimes I want to listen to
"70s
> > Rock", sometimes I want to listen to "ProgRock".
> >
> > When I come to tag, say, "Lamb Lays Down on Broadway",
I can

<stuart@s...>
wrote:
> > > Hi Mark
> > >
> > > Have you tried tag & rename?
> > >
> > > Not really sure what multiple genre tagging is but it does
genres
> > and
> > > batch processing
> > >
> > > http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Stu Worrall

Music
> > > Database) now support ID3v2 multiple genre tags... but while
> > there's
> > > software out there that will WRITE MP3 files with multiple
genres,
> > > there's virtually nothing that will allow retagging.
> > >
> > > Multiple Genre Tagging is something I've wanted to do for a
LONG