Re: Re: Request Input on new Project

Hi Frank

I am working on an Ethernet interface at the moment (and pulling my hair
out with lack of time and it's damn difficult). Once it is working I plan
to bolt on an LCD graphic screen and have it as a menu controller. This
will also speak native xAP. A wee while off at the moment as I am trying to
work out data and address buses at the moment. More soon I hope as I am
nearly ready to make the first prototype. After programming I think this
will be able to control my relay interface board (and other devices) or
accept menu systems from a central controller like a PC. I am working on
other embedded ideas too and this will be able to communicate and control
them and all without a PC. I am not a great fan of the single point of
failure and in my house these are the server and HV. When HV and the server
went down for a week or so I was in severe shock, nay almost paralysis.
This was caused by a hardware failure on the server sending a spike down
the serial connection to HV which screwed up the schedule and fried a chip
or so.

Ian

"armagh_elect"
<fmcalind@bigpond