Re: X10 Curtain Controller for Autoglide/Swish!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X10 Curtain Controller for Autoglide/Swish!
  • From: "m_surgenor" <zen8432@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:13:17 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@y...>
wrote:
> did anyone ever get anywhere implementing anything similar that
could
> be hard wired to say comfort which would allow disrete open close
etc?

I came home this evening to find all our X10 HomeSeer controlled
curtains open - when they should have been shut.  Turns out that
there had been a power cut during the day and when the power came
back on all the curtains shut. The HomeSeer PC re-booted (I've no
UPS) and then the close macros kicked in at the normal times in the
evening - except as they were already closed they actually opened!

Does anyone know of any way to determine at PC boot up if there's
been a power interruption rather than a normal controlled shutdown /
startup? That way I could stick some commands into HomeSeer to open
the curtains on this event.

As an alternative I did suggest a UPS to SWMBO but they're apparently
too expensive!  :-(