RE: Re: Tivo Daily Mail And Cron Code and Instructions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Tivo Daily Mail And Cron Code and Instructions
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:32:05 -0000

Hmm... Had a little play over lunch with sandwich in one hand, xbox
controller in the other!

I think what you are seeing is par for the course on a CVS build. I'm also
dropping frames at about the same rate.

Interestingly, this happens both on streams from ccxstream on the Tivo and
>from

This is good news!

Good news in that the problem appears to be in the decoding in XBMP which
is
still under going development rather than a limitation on the Tivo.
Problems
on XBMP can be addressed whereas Tivo performance issues can't!Seeing as
they've only just got it working I'm not to worried as hopefully it will
improve before a proper release. It will be interesting to see how it
behaves when they port the functionality over to XBMC!

I'll drop a note on the forum where I got the code from and see what they
say.

I'll still do the guide so others can have a play.

Cheers
Don