Pronto reboots

My Pronto has been working flawlessly for over a year, but this week it
seems to lead a life of its own by rebooting constantly when I press a
button on it.  It doesn't do it on every button, but it does do it for a
lot
of them.  The batteries where replaced about a month ago, so I imagine that
they aren't the cause of the problem (but will get some new batteries
anyway).  Has anyone experienced something similar?  Or does anyone have an
idea what the problem might be?

Q.