RE: Re: DVDLobby Pro NOW HTPC+zoomplayer

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: DVDLobby Pro NOW HTPC+zoomplayer
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:44:37 -0000

> > Phil posted me a screenshot from his server the other night
showing 1.5
> > terabytes of disk holding his DVDs! :-o
>
> There was me thinking about upgrading my full 80G to 250G!!!

I've got another six 160's sitting there waiting to be housed which will
give me 2 logical drives of 1,200Gb (approx) each - I'm using Highpoint
RocketRAID 404 cards in RAID0 (striped) config so no data redundancy. But
then again I *CAN* recreate it all again as I'm only sticking discs that I
own on the server - I haven't joined the local Blockbuster yet! ;-)

> And another thing is returning to myhtpc at the end of the dvd. When
> the movie ends PowerDVD stays on its screen which is a bit boring as
> you have to right click and then select exit from a menu (We're just
> using mouse), what does ZoomPlayer do?

Zoomplayer is basically a "wrapper" for the PowerDVD (or WinDVD)
codecs -
makes everything work seamlessly.

> The reason behind all of this is my youngest (2years) can switch the
tv
> from CBeebies to the PC, and she can use the mouse ok, but then
playing
> a dvd is all a bit fiddly so its dad , Dad, DAD I want....

I'm trying to build a replacement for my 300DVD autochanger which is dying
>from
house. So far I've had up to 5 different movies playing simultaneously off
the one server without stuttering.

Phil