From: Rodney Hall [mailto:rmh@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 November 2003 09:31
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Ghosting Hot

----Original Message----
From: aashram [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 November 2003 09:12
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx

> Will that work on a windows 2000 server ?
>
>> Is it possible to ghost a non os drive while in windows. For
backup
>> purposes
>>

> Not with Norton Ghost, but with Drive Image 7

Not sure about server, but I can't see why not:-

Operating system
Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional

Processor
Pentium 150 or faster

RAM
128 MB for Drive Image running from Windows 2000 or Windows XP

256 MB for PQRE, the recovery environment from the bootable CD

Hard drive free space
45 MB for program files (and an additional 40 MB for the Microsoft .NET
Framework if it is not already installed)
Storage space for your backup images, unless you choose to store them to a
network or on removable media

CD or DVD drive
Any speed

Software
When you install Drive Image, you will be prompted to install the Microsoft
.NET Framework, if it has not already been installed on the machine.

Drive Image 7.0 is compatible with dynamic disks. You can back up dynamic
disks, and you can store backup images on dynamic disks.

Supported File Systems and Removable Media
File Systems
Drive Image is fully supported on FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, NTFS, Linux
Ext2, Linux Ext3, and Linux swap partitions.

Removable Media
Drive Image supports the saving of backup image files locally (that is,
backup image files are created and saved on the same machine where the
console is installed) to most CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R(W), DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM
recorders on the market today. For an updated list of supported drivers,
See
supported recorders.

It also supports saving backup image files to most USB devices, 1394
FireWire devices, JAZ, Zip, SuperDisk, and magneto-optical devices.

IMPORTANT! Drive Image does not support RAM drives.
--
Rodney Hall
Dum spiro spero

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004