LED lighting strings

Hi All

After reading the thread on LED lighting, I'd like to add some LED lighting
to my driveway.

Everything was pretty straight forward to work out, but I couldn't find out
how to calculate the
voltage drop for the run(websites with differing info/cable constants etc).

I've got a regulated 12v 0.85amp transformer and plan to wire the leds as a
series of strings in parallel.

-----xxx------led----led----led---

12v------+----xxx------led----led----led--+---------gnd

-----xxx------led-----led---led---
-etc

The leds are blue 5000mcd 3.2v 20ma and the resistors will be 120ohm
1/4watt, which means I can have 10 strings with 3 leds in a cluster.
The total run,(in a straight line) is 25m, but it will be longer depending
on how its run, I thought it may be better to run it as a ring, maybe a
star, or feed it 12v at 2/3 points??.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for calculating the size of the
wire and volt drop so I can figure out the best way to run the cable.

Matt.

If it helps, I calculated the above.....
0.85a / 20ma = 42.5 total leds
12v / 3.2v = 3.75, round down, so 3 leds per string
42 / 3 = 14 strings, use 75% of the capacity = 10 strings
(12 - (3.2 * 3) ) / 20ma = 120 for the resistor
((12 - (3.2 * 3)) * (12 - (3.2 * 3)) ) / 120 = 0.048 , so 1/4 watt resistor
should be fine.

---