UKHA2004 bookings now being taken

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: UKHA2004 bookings now being taken
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:57:00 -0000

I am now taking bookings for UKHA 2004 so here are the details:

1. The price has gone down from last year! I know it is hard to=20
believe, but we are going to have an even more impressive event with=20
bigger rooms and more to see and yet the price is being lowered. The=20
reason for this is that last year we made quite a profit, and this is=20
a non-profit event, so even though the costs have doubled, the price=20
is lowered.

If you send payment before the end of the year, then the price is =A315=20
for a single day and =A325 for the two days.

If you send payment before the end of April 2004, then the price is=20
=A320 for a single day and =A335 for the two days.

If you pay in May or at the event itself, then the price will be =A325=20
per day (this is a slight increase on last year, but only because I=20
am trying to encourage earlier booking so that we have a better idea=20
of numbers).

NOTE: There will be NO exceptions made on these dates, you must get=20
payment to me by the end of the year to qualify for the reduced rate.

2. Currently payment is only possible by cheque, made out to=20
Solarfish Limited and sent to Orla Allen, Green Manor, Gold Street,=20
Milton Keynes, MK19 7LU. At a later date I will probably accept=20
electronic payment and will post details.

3. With your payment you must supply the names of every attendee, the=20
day(s) you will attend, a valid e-mail address, postal address and=20
phone number. This information will not be passed to anyone else,=20
neither will I use it for anything other than UKHA2004 information.

4. If for any reason the event is cancelled, then all payments will=20
be returned after deducting any penalty imposed by the hotel. We=20
already have sufficient funds to cover half the cost of the booking,=20
so unless we have a significantly lower turn out than last year there=20
is no chance of cancelling.

5. Receipts will be issued for the payment, but there will be no VAT=20
charged, so please do not ask for a VAT receipt.

6. The payment only covers admittance to the event, you must arrange=20
your own accomodation, but there is a special rate available for=20
attendees of =A330 pppn for two sharing and =A345 pn for single=20
occupancy. Contact the hotel directly to book and mention the UKHA=20
conference for the discount.

7. You will be responsible for your own food, drink and telephone=20
bill but we are having a meal provided at a set rate on the Saturday=20
night. The menu(s), cost(s) and details of how to pay will be made=20
available shortly.

8. Hotel details are here http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/hoverview.asp?
id=3D380&hotelID=3D10 and floor plans are here=20
http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/framesetfp.asp?link=3D667.
We will have=20
the Comet, Endeavour and Pioneer suites which effectively means all=20
the conference space in the hotel!

9. More information will be sent out in the next few weeks including=20
news about companies likely to present, an agenda for both days and=20
requests for volunteers. There is also a site http://www.ukha2004.com=20
which will have all the information on the event.

Regards

Graham Howe