Re: Network audio streamers

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:40:12 -0000, you wrote:

>Are there any new boxes worth adding to the list?

www.scan.co.uk have been flogging the KiSS Technology DP-500 DVD
Player (http://www.kiss-technology.com/)
for a while. There is also a
new version out with a hard drive for local storage, and in the future
video recording.

The DP-500 is not much more cash than a DVD player, although it would
do better using Windows file sharing rather than a dedicated PC server
application (then my Linux server could talk to it to play OGGs,
unlike the Slimp3).

I've not got one, nor read a review but the idea seems reasonable.

James
---
James Derrick
james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, England
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.