Re: Re: Honeywell Smartfit research and the start of a generic interface (wish me luck!)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:15:15 -0000, you wrote:

>I have used the CAN bus for my own designed home automation and can
>recommend it to anyone.

I like the boiler controller- must add some blue LEDs to my h/w!

What's the CAN bus interface like to use? Is there any good (available
& cheap!) dedicated silicon out there to do the nasties such as
termination and arbitration please?

I suppose two PICs (one just as a bus interface) would be an option,
although some of the later chips seem to have hardware UARTs and the
like.

Sadly, the Kvaser CAN hardware was looking good right until I saw the
$800 price tag for the USB interfaces.

TTFN,

James
---
James Derrick
james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, England
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.