RE: Re: Help, Serial input to Misterhouse, HA etc, most popular?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Help, Serial input to Misterhouse, HA etc, most popular?
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:46:25 -0000

Maybe
> you can
> > do this directly.
> >

> > 	Can you just explain something ... when the RF message goes
> out -
> > and is picked up by the receiver what form does it come out of
the
> receiver
> > in ?? Is it serial ? Does it have the ability to receive from
many
> > transmitters - indeed is it a transceiver ? ( I am familiar with
> most of the
> > RadioMetrix line if that's what you have).
>
> The format is serial and fed into a TX (I think i used IC2 as the
> basis of the protocol, as I had just written something using it, this
> was 3 years ago and works fine, sends an address then sends data)

Well - as you have designed your own protocol here and the receivers decode
it correctly - all you need is a receiver on the PC that picks up all
addresses (ie can see all and report all RF messages) take that in a serial
port, massage it as you wish with a script and send it back to a TX - you
could accomplish this with a small application in say VB or whatever you
are
familiar with. If you did want to enlist a HA application then MisterHouse
think can do this, you can add scripted actions - and it is open source and
Perl based (from memory) so no problems.

Moving to xAP or xPL as an intermediate step is not necessary but
would broaden your interaction with the many other devices these two
support.

Kevin