Re: Honeywell Smartfit research and the start of a generic interface (wish me luck!)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Honeywell Smartfit research and the start of a generic interface (wish me luck!)
  • From: "vectra999uk2002" <questuk1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:57:57 -0000

Hi All,

I am interested in interfacing to software running on a PC, to
control various appliances!

I also program Microchip Pic controllers and I will be passing info
to the Pic via, RF modules using the Pic to stream data.

How suitable is MisterHouse on a PC, for interfacing via a single
serial port?

As for the Pic protocol, I dont mind what it is, if we can create a
Standard then thats fine or use an established one?

Sorry I drifted fron the original topic a bit!

Thanks Gary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, James Derrick <james-ukha@a...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After trying a few different ways of integrating domestic heating
with
> home brew home automation, I have splashed out in a Honeywell
Smartfit