Re: Another turn your home into a mini power station thread...

>> It's a new gas boiler that the elecy board are testing that also
pumps out
>> electricity as it heats...
>> they had a new demo of it making the elecy meater spin
backwards...

JF> Let's hope the rest of it was a little more factual.

I saw the item. There was no technical information, such as efficency and
installation costs. But they were only talking about a trial and they
gave the names of three electricity boards who wanted volunteers to
join the trials. (It is a financial programme, after all and their
journalists are a lot better than most when covering anything vaguely
technical.)

Micro generators like that seem a nice idea. Everyone generating their
own power, and sharing it over the grid.

>From what I have read about these micro CHPs, they have a couple of
disadvantages, apart from being gas only. They only generate when the
boiler is providing heat and they won't operate without a grid
connection.

Bill