C_Bus IR ..HV + FirM [long post]

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: C_Bus IR ..HV + FirM [long post]
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:39:36 +1100

Hi All
Spend all weekend playing with the C_Bus IR Reader and 2 zone ir
unit...Learning  ir code and saving them...Had a problem with a
programmable
remote that was setup for an Awa tv..just didnt like it even though i use
it
with hv no problems..anyway got the original remote and it saved the codes
with no problems...Spent all day yesterday learning and relearning my
panasonic dvd codes as Homevision didnt like the vol up code..Tried all
sorts to no avail..Strangely it would recognise the vol up if initiated
from
the CIRCA software but not from the C_TOUCH software or
Touchscreen.....Anyway programmed some pages on the touchscreen and created
scenes for each ir command and saved them to the touchscreen..
Today (monday) decided to make the interface that lets  both
Homevision and C_bus can send ir commmands to my FirM Zones...I used the 2
zone opto isolated boards( isozone)  i had made a while back... Put it all
together and tested Homevision first to ensure it  still worked as its ir
signal was now passing thru 2 opto isolators...(one on the interface...the
other on FirM)
Worked fine so things were looking good....
Next i plugged in C_Bus channel 2 into the interface and also connected
up channel 1 which goes to a stick on emitter adjacent
Homevision.......Turned on my dvd player in zone 1 (master bedroom) and
then
tried sending ir commands via the C_Touch..issueing a mute command...
and guess what it sent it twice!!!!Scratched my head and though for a while
....then i realised what was happening...The txed signal sent to a zone is
induced into the receiver wiring...but because normally hv is sending ir
its
rx function is disabled..in this case C_Bus is sending the ir so hv
receives
the signal and also sends a mute command in response....
Homevision came to the rescue ;-))....When hv receives the "FirM Zone
No" via C_bus channel 1 as well as setting up the FirM tx zone it  now
"Disables" hv ir receive function for approx .5 second..enough
time for the
C_Bus zone 2 ir command to get through...After doing this i was sending
C_Bus ir commands via the C_Touch  to my FirM  zone 1 tv, dvd....zone 3
dvd.....so its turned out quite well ..still some C_Touch programming to
do....

Will take some pics and a little writeup soon....
Frank Mc