LEDs - In Standard Lamps?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: LEDs - In Standard Lamps?
  • From: "Richard Boreham" <richard.boreham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:00:19 -0000

I was looking at the link below on LEDs when I found this...

http://www.ervan-int.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?category=ledlamps_lighting&item=1497667815

These look like LED replacements for both 12V and 220V halogen lamps.
Anyone come across these (or Ervan) before?

They could be very interesting replacement for the halogens.  We have about
40 50w/220v around the house and they are quite costly to replace (£4.50
for
the 2000hr version) £12.95 for a 100k hr looks quite good value!   Not to
mention a potential 2kw of power drain and heating.  A dimmable, very low
power alternative could be very neat.

I'll probably check a few out out but any knowledge would be interesting.

Regards

Richard

Message: 20