Re: [OT] Windows WTS

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Windows WTS
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:26:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Stuart Poulton wrote:

> As of windows 2000, microsoft introduced RDP (Remote desktop protocol)
which
> allows you to have connections to the machine, for example in the case
of
> WindowsXP you can have one user on the machine either local or remote.

Thanks. Can RDP handle multiple remote users (and I don't mean a just
few)?

> With 2000, there is a terminal server that allows you to have multiple
> clients in the same way as citrix but without needing to pay for the
citrix
> server software, clients for RDP are available for Win98,2000,xp and
there
> is also a linux client available.

That sounds good. I don't suppose you have information on capability and
performance of RDP in a WAN environment or know where such information may
be available?

At the moment, the project has to purchase the number of Citrix licences
individually with no corporate or enterprise licence scheme available. The
potential cost of the licences involved is simply staggering.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.