Re: Re: WAYYYY OT: Can you test this website please?

Thanks all who tested - the first few results were great, nobody getting
any
problems - but it went downhill from there :/

I\'m stil new at this whole apache/*nixy stuff, so have a couple of
questions
for your respondents:

Quoting Andy Brockhurst <groups@xxxxxxx>:
> Did check your DNS and your not using a wildcard for www, just a cname
> the  root. Did notice that the root is defined twice as a A record,
but
shouldn\'t cause any probs (both the same).

err....what?
The A records are:
pandabroadband.co.uk. 14400 A 209.123.255.117
localhost.pandabroadband.co.uk. 14400 A 127.0.0.1
and then various A records for the subdomains the client has created.
\"wildcard\"??  greek to me I\'m afraid....

> PS. It\'s my last day at work and I\'m 30 tomorrow, can\'t be arsed to
do
> anything else, thanks for the 5mins of playing :-)

LOL, well happy birthday then m8 - glad I could amuse you :)

Quoting Neil <neilturley@xxxxxxx>:
> I am afraid it looks a real mess my end. No images just X´s and text
> is overlaying each other.

NooooOOOOOooo!

<jeremy@v...> wrote:
> > http://pandabroadband.co.uk (no
slash)

> > NT4 / IE6 SP1 patched - no images. I can load an image if I enter
> the full URL to it though. Netscape 7.01 (same box) gets them all
fine.

> > All I can think is if your web server isn\'t rewriting and adding
the
> > trailing slash as it should then image URLs might be formed
incorrectly by
> > the browser e.g. http://pandabroadband.co.ukimg4006.jpg
as opposed
> > http://pandabroadband.co.uk/img4006.jpg
, and oddly in my case NS
> copes and IE doesn\'t!
> >
> > As you are running apache check their site for the usual trailing
> slash rewrite rule - though I havn\'t seen a site fail like this
before so
> this may  all be rubbish!

ummm....what are the usual slash rewrite rules?
This is on a shared server - can it be set per domain or would it be a
server-
wide setting?

Do you think using the full path to the images in his pages would solve the
problem?

thanks again all of you - it\'s been great to get this feedback...

Tony