Re: WAYYYY OT: Can you test this website please?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WAYYYY OT: Can you test this website please?
  • From: "Neil" <neilturley@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:57:57 -0000

I am afraid it looks a real mess my end. No images just X=B4s and text=20
is overlaying each other.
I am using Explorer Version 6 with Windows 98Vers.2 operating system.

If you need more info. return on my e-mail

Regards

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Jeremy M. Harmer" <jeremy@v...>
wrote:
> http://pandabroadband.co.uk
(no slash)
>=20
> NT4 / IE6 SP1 patched - no images. I can load an image if I enter=20
the full
> URL to it though. Netscape 7.01 (same box) gets them all fine.
>=20
> http://pandabroadband.co.uk/ - all
seems to work ok in my IE.
>=20
> All I can think is if your web server isn't rewriting and adding the
> trailing slash as it should then image URLs might be formed=20
incorrectly by
> the browser e.g. http://pandabroadband.co.ukimg4006.jpg
as opposed=20
> http://pandabroadband.co.uk/img4006.jpg
, and oddly in my case NS=20
copes and
> IE doesn't!
>=20
> As you are running apache check their site for the usual trailing=20
slash
> rewrite rule - though I havn't seen a site fail like this before so=20
this may
> all be rubbish!
>=20
> Jeremy.
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20
(whatever=20
they are).

> > Paul.

display=20
correctly,
> but
> > the owner is getting complaints from some of his users that
the=20
images do
> not
> > always display when they leave off the http bit - they get the=20
old "X"
> where an
> > image should be kinda thing.  Said person
"occasionally" gets=20
this too.

> > I have tried on several machines and get it displaying
correctly=20
all the
> time.
> > This is a webhosting client of mine, so I need to either
"prove"=20
that it's
> > nothing to do with my hosting, or find that it is and fix it.
> >
> > If you do test, can you let me know what os, browser and
version=20
of brower
> it
> > is.
> > Someone suggested that it _might_ be aol users getting the=20
problem, so are
> > there any aol users out there and/or does anyone know why the
AOL=20
brower
> might
> > be a problem - beyond the fact, of course, that AOL is the
work=20
of the

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/