RE: Cheap-ish VoIP phones and adaptors

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cheap-ish VoIP phones and adaptors
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:14:45 -0000

They convert your analogue phone into VoIP phone and then you can do
with it everything you do with VoIP phone.
VoIP phones are expensive at the moment and you don't have huge choice
like you have with analogue phones.
This way you can use your DECT phone as VoIP phone.
It's the shame that you will still need two phones. Analogue one
connected to your analogue line for regular calls and VoIP phone (or
analogue + this adapter) connected to your LAN/internet for VoIP calls.
They told me that they plan to put additional analogue port for
connecting this adapter to analogue line and then you'll be able to use
same phone for both calls.
But they don't have set date for that, so I suppose that was more
generic answer.
Nik