RE: Re: PCAnywhere speed

Have you tried Remote Administrator from www.famatech.com and
www.radmin.com/support/faq.html which I have only scanned. I use it at
home across a wireless 11Mbit LAN (at its slowest) and it is great. So
good in fact I can remote control a PC and use it as if I was sitting at
the screen. On more than one occasion I have shut down the wrong PC
because I simply forgot and the performance didn't scream remote control.
I tend to do programming and general PC work using Remote Administrator
but not circuit board design as the _VERY_ fine mouse movements needed are
tricky by remote control.

I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but it does support NT/2000
security as well as other bits I don't use. It was also very reasonably
priced which was important for me.

One of the features I like over PC Anywhere is the ctrl/alt/F12 shortcut
for ctrl/alt/del. Using PCA I have to go to the mouse and press a button
(at work) and it drives me up the wall (I know, silly isn't it).

Ian

"Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
31/10/2003 10:15
Please respond to ukha_d