Re: placing speakers and microphones

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: placing speakers and microphones
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:22:13 -0000

What you need to do is to try and aim the sound coming out of the
speakers to be going away from the microphones, which is the first
step in trying to keep the speaker audio out of the mics.

next step is careful equalisation.

There are electronics techniques one can use to try and reduce
speaker sound interfering with mics, like hybrids, but its all a bit
tough in a random space.  DSPs do it for room audio conferencing
systems, but they are not in the least cheap, have a look at Rane
stuff for an example.

Good luck; you are in a difficult area.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> I finished most of the wiring and I plan to put speaker and
microphone
> into each room. I will put speakers first (for PA) and mics later
(they
> are more expensive).
>
> I need to know where should I place them relative one to another.
The
> cables are pulled together and they come to the same point on the
wall.

> Should I position them as apart as possible, or it doesn't matter.
Mics