Re: Thank you for UKHA2003

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Thank you for UKHA2003
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:18:06 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> > As a first time attendee, I didnt quite know what to expect, and
now
> > its all over I'm still not quite sure if it was what I expected.
>
> Is that a good thing or a bad thing David? :)
> What were you expecting? What should we do to improve next time?

I'm still in a bit of a daze.  I had a ball, and I think lots of
other folks did too, so I think it was close to perfect.

Except for a few folks with things to show (and one of you know just
who you are) who missed many of the big room talks as they got
collared by the interested.

I'd suggest for next time a "stands" room, and a presentation
room.
Which I think you are already there with.

Or to put it another way; its how to mix the presentationally led
stuff from the standsy stuff.  For me, it was the standsy stuff that
was really interesting, as I got to meet some people whose work I had
admired fom afar.

> > Also thanks to all for making me and my family (at least those
who
> > chose to show, which means those not studying for exams) welcome.
>
> I chatted to your good lady wife a few times.  That lady deserves a
medal!!

> :))

Toni's put up with me for over 20 years now, how; I've no idea :-)