Re: lists@xxxxxxx1>
  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: lists@xxxxxxx
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:18:03 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 16:45, David Millard wrote:
> > Well I=A2m the our-house as you can see and I also use a pop3=20
account
> > which my exchange server 2000 grabs and distributes round the=20
house if
> > anyone knows a way to resolve the infinite loop thing then
I=A2ll=20
address
> > it I had know idea it was happening nor any idea how to fix it
>=20
> hmmm, have we spotted a pattern here? Could it be the Exchange=20
server
> that is rejecting the email?
>=20

I suppose it's possible, it depends on when the rejection occurs, in=20
my case the exchange server pulls down e-mail every half hour, so if=20
it bounces immediately (particularly with a couple of messages say 5=20
minutes apart) you can rule out exchange from the equation. A=20
detailed look at the e-mail headers may give a clue too. The domain=20
of the home server is greenmanor, so any mention of that in any=20
messages would certainly indicate it had reach the house.