Re: x10 pirs

I use one for keeping my kitchen light on. It works 99% of the time but
occasionally it goes dark on us. The HomeVision timer is set at 3:30 mins
which the PIR resets. The receiver is about 15 feet away through two walls.
The angle of detection is good and I suffer very few false alarms which
considering I have an AGA in the room is pretty good. Battery life is
excellent. Bear in mind it only sends a signal every ten seconds assuming
there is movement. They are not the most sensitive units but fine for what
I am using them for.

They do have their limits though and the biggest is speed of response. It
takes time to send the X10 RF signal to the wall receiver and then for that
to be sent on again. If there is a controller in there as well which
interprets the signal into another X10 one the whole process can be 2
seconds or so. I have found the weakest point in the system is the wall
receiver as some of the older ones had a habit of locking up occasionally
which meant the whole thing stopped working. I got my most recent one from
Laser.com about a year ago and it has been faultless since then.

HTH

Ian

Stephen
<mail@xxxxxxx