From: Keith Doxey
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 9:08 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Mv1000 camera issue

It may be that the input to the MV1000 is AC coupled and the camera
requires
a DC termination.

Try connecting a resistor in parallel across the input. Start with 1Kohm
and
work down until you get a decent picture without too much attenuation of
the
signal.

It may also be that the output of the camera is too low and the MV1000 is
muting the signal in which case you would need to amplify the camera before
connecting it to the MV1000.

Of course.... it could be neither.

As I dont have an MV1000 or any response cameras I cant actually test
anything so cant really offer any other suggestions.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

<steve.cooper@u...>
> wrote:
> > I've just sat down and configured my Mv1000 and started off by
> > connecting a XCAM.  This works fine but I also have some of those
> > cheap response cameras that Homebase once sold and the input from
> > these it doesn't like and can't detect.  Yet if I plug them
> straight
> > into the TV using a RCA-RCA lead I get a picture.
> >
> > Any one got any clues as to way the Mv1000 does like it when I
> > replace the lead with a RCA-BNC one.  The lead works ok as the
XCAM