H(otel) Automation

Whilst many of you appear to have been gathering for UKHA I was at my best
mates wedding in the NorthEast.

Why should this interest you I hear you ask ?

Well, the hotel was an Automators dream :-)

As soon as we were left in our room, whilst the wife was enthusing over the
bathroom the size of a good sized lounge I was busy investigating the toys
-
The room had a Pronto to control the 2 Tvs and integrated music system. All
via some Hardwired IR. I didnt recognise the lighting system but it had
very
nice control panels with full dimming of the multitude of downlighters
(nestled between the Ceiling Speakers). All panels were connected and had
pre-set buttons for Full On/2 Intermediate Dims/Full Off with LED feedback.
Seperate 2gang panels for the (100% silent) aircon - complete with LCD for
outside air temp. Also a similair panel next to the bed with LCD clock and
buttons for room service etc...

I meant to take some pictures but was distracted by the spa. Nothing quite
like a hot tub overlooking the North Sea on a bright Sunday morning (8.30
am) to drive the alcohol out of the system.

Anyway not cheap by any stretch but a fantastic place to stay.....

http://www.seaham-hall.com

p.s. I had the laptop (for my speech!) and was tempted to programme the
Pronto better (it was quite poor) but thought that might confuse them a
little :-D

Dean