WAP Hack for PheeNet WL-006BA

  • To: "UKHA Discussion" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WAP Hack for PheeNet WL-006BA
  • From: "Scott Ewing" <scott.ewing@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:28:05 +0100

After Jon investigated the PheetNet AP's Eddie was shifting to us all at
a greatly knocked down rate (I believe there are some left), he worked
out it had an atmel chipset in it, the same as the linksys wap11 we all
know and love. Best thing about this is that you can up the output power
of this beast to 100mW, instead of the quoted 30mW, giving you a good
boost in range and power. This hack also applies to all atmel chipset
based AP's.

Find out about it here ::
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/Wap11Hack
All the info (including software to download and values to change is on
that page

Have fun

Scott