RE: We have created a monster....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: We have created a monster....
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:34:57 +0100

> My thanks to Phil Harris for not bringing my wife's bum into=20
> the conversation at any point....

:-)

> The event is now of such a size and complexity, that the=20
> two-hours we had on the Saturday morning to set up was=20
> definately not enough! - we could definately have done a=20
> better job had we had a half-day or so to get all the kit set=20
> up, configured & tested in advance...

I have to say that it was a *NIGHTMARE* setting up ... Things were not
supposed to kick off until 12 and there was supposed to be two clear hours
to set up before that yet by 10:30 I was already having to try to set up
ki=
*AROUND* visitors trying to get hold of exhibitors early - please guys,
hav=
a little consideration and let us set up kit next year!

> interesting factoids:
> - There were 96 delegates paid-up on the Saturday, and 76 on=20
> the Sunday....
> - The dinner bill in Fatty Arbuckle's came to just slightly=20
> over =A3950!!!
> - The fattest **stard was Phil Harris, for not only finishing=20
> his *own* "Desperate Dan" dinner, but then also finishing
off=20
> half of Tony Butler's as well!!

:-)

The bet between Fishy, me and TB was that it all had to go - even the salad
- only the bones and corn cob husks were allowed to remain.

TB proved himself a complete girlie wuss by not getting much more than a
third of the way through, Graham didn't finish either but both Graham and I
went on to the ice cream dessert.

I was also drinking too ... ;-)=20

> - The only person *known* to have thrown up was Ken Watt...

Scots skirtwearing Jessie!

> So, an all round, unqualified, resounding success in my=20
> opinion! - A fantastic time, and I can't wait for UKHA2004=20
> which will no doubt be even bigger & better....

There'll be a Scottish UKHA meet before then to look forward too - another
excuse for a weekend away from the wife and DS methinks...

Phil