RE: [OT] Monkey & Type-writers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Monkey & Type-writers
  • From: "Pedro de Oliveira" <p.oliveira@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:37:39 +0100

Doogie

I know what you said was meant in humor but I thought I would clear one
thing up.

Actually to get funding you first need a research proposal. In other
words, someone came up with the idea, then put it to the funding body
who thought it was a good idea and funded it.

I've nothing to do with the monkey experiment but being a researcher it
gets on my tits when people think researchers get funding and then
allocate it to stupid projects. The point is: the funding body thought
it was a good idea (personally I don't) and then funded it and not the
other way round.

Just my 2p.
Pedro (Researching ways of making vehicles safer for child pedestrians)