Re: Asterisk, leaps and bounds

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Asterisk, leaps and bounds
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:28:51 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, UKHA wrote:

> Yet another asterisk update, just a quick one this time. I've now
> added an FXO card and an FXS card (with 2 ports). This allows me to do
> a number of things.

I am waiting for my single-port FX[OS] cards too.

> 1. Dial 'real' numbers via the FXO card from a VoIP phone.
> 2. Receive 'real' calls on VoIP phones.
> 3. Use dect phones for 'real' and VoIP calls.
> 4. (working on) Get incomming faxes automagically diverted to the fax
machine.
> 5. Voicemail for all pstn and voip calls.
> 6. Call forwarding.
> 7. Use the voicemail web interface to listen to messages.

I'll no doubt come calling (or is it crawling) for advise and assistance
in getting my kit to work.

> 8. Catching Li of guard (and confusing his kids)

LOL! That call did confuse my daughter. She was expecting the call from
one of her brothers from upstairs, not someone from Holland coming through
her new toy!

> all this in addition to the other stuff posted last time...

Great stuff.

Li