Re: [OT] Monitor madness

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Monitor madness
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:11:23 -0000

My eyes are so knackered I have to run my 21" monitor at 1152x864.

I occasionally set it higher but not often.

The younger guys in the office run their 21" monitors @ 1600 x 1200,
but then I have worked for BT longer than most of them have been
alive!!!

One thing to bear in mind is that even if you get a monitor to accept
the resolution you send it in may not be very clear if the dot size
on the monitor is close to or larger than a pixel size. Moire
patterning starts to appear making it look crap. Why not get a 19" or
21" CRT ?

Keith "Old Git" Doxey

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...>
wrote:
> Surely attempting to run a 15" monitor at 1280x1024 is the
only "monitor
> madness" here... :-)
>
> Or do you have *VERY* good eyesight!!
>
> Surely the display will be impossibly strained at that resolution
at that
> size?....
>
> Just my personal opinion of course! - personally, I've always
thought that
> even 1024x768 was pushing it a bit for a 15" CRT....
>
> Paul G.
>
> (sorry, that's not much help, I know!....)
>

> >From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...>
> >To: UKHA List <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Monitor madness
> >Date: 14 May 2003 08:38:12 +0100
> >
> >Will someone please tell me that it is not impossible to find a
monitor
> >that will do 1280x1024 at a decent refresh rate?
> >
> >I'm after a 15" monitor ideally (space limitations &
TFT's are too