RE: Wish me luck...

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 08:40, Paul wrote:
> ...and now I'm hopelessly lost!
>
> Well, not completely but it's a whole different ball game this Linux
stuff.

> I installed it to run ZoneMinder on (as per previous posts). I
installed RedHat 9 in server mode with Xwindows support (but not the other
GUI's). As I'm running in Server mode, will I be able to see the other
GUI's anyway? Can I just install them separately. Until I become a 'Command
Line King' I think I'd prefer the comfort of a decent GUI!

Well, if you're after the comfort of a GUI, I'd go with something like
Gnome or KDE, probably Gnome. You can get a good installer for it from
www.ximian.org, who also do "Red Carpet" which is a nice
installer for
packages.

You'll also be able to install them from the CD again, but I've never
had to do it, perhaps just boot off the CD & choose the
"Upgrade"
option?

Jump on the nixhelp IRC network and speak to the guys in #ukha (you can
try #linux, but you might not get much sense out of em :-P )

--
Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not
enable you to fly."