Re: X10 RF Wall Switches

On Wed, 7 May 2003 12:43:26 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>All U.S. X-10 RF devices operate on 310MHz and is incompatible with the
>European 433MHz (or the older 418MHz) X-10 devices.

Hello,

I was looking at the rf wall switches on laser, perhaps you can sort
out a few questions for me?

Both the tm13 and the older tm12 are for sale. What is the difference
between these two units?

You mention UK RF is at 433 and 418 MHz. Does this mean that some
people have houses with two receivers: one for their old modules and
one for their new modules? That seems strange!

I wanted some rf wall switches as it seems to be the only way to do
two-way switching of stair lights. I like some of the US switches at
laser. Can I buy a US receiver from laser to use with them? I notice
the US receivers come supplied with a UK plug. Don't you need to a
transformer to drop the voltage from 240v to 110v also?

Apart from voltage and frequency are the US receivers identical to the
tm13 in features?

Thanks.