OT: Amex is NOT a credit card

> You and I obviously have different ideas about money. I absolutely
hate
> being in debt to anyone and pay my credit card bills off at the end of
> each month. In fact using my Amex means I don't really have a choice.

Just a word of warning, Amex is a charge card, and is not covered by the
legislation which covers credit cards, this means that your consumer rights
are at a distinct disadvantage compared with using a credit card.

I'm only posting this as I had a rather nasty run-in with Amex and a car
hire company,
said company raised an incorrect charge against my Amex account and Amex
would/could
not help, they said I had to get the car hire company to do it - took about
6 months to solve it.

I gave up using my Amex after that, and just pay off my Visa every month.

Nick.