Calling all you Confort Alarm experts...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Calling all you Confort Alarm experts...
  • From: "wayne" <wayne@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:29:58 +0100

Hi,
This originaly started as a 'quick question' but as ever trying to describe
what you are thinking never ends up quick.

I would like to get hold of a comfort alarm system at some point or another
- apparently they are quite good ;-) and was wondering if it would be
possible to get the controller to 'activate' a relay (either x10 or
internal?) if it detects 'movement' from PIR's. Think of it as an automatic
light switch of sorts...(?)

This is to happen when the system is NOT armed - when armed, then the
sensors act as 'normal' (ie all bells and whistles blowing)

While I'm thinking about this - can you have different types of 'armed'
modes? whereby you can be 'in' and armed (just external door/perimiter
sensors etc) and fully armed ? (is this best practice with alarm systems?)

hope the waffle makes sense :)

Wayne.