RE: Re: Firming up UKHA2003 hardware

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Firming up UKHA2003 hardware
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:37:35 +0100

Watch out for those SCAN switches ... Graham was getting *REALLY* shit
throughput through one of them the other day, changing the switch for
another make brought about a fourfold increase in speed. I borrowed a 16
port SCAN switch yesterday from someone a few doors away just to do a quick
test and through my 16port NetGear I get over 7Mbytes/sec, through the SCAN
switch I was getting about 1Mbyte/sec!!!

Phil

<paul_gordon@h...> wrote:
> > Chaps, (and Jenni) :-)
> >=20
> > I think we are going to need some additional network hardware for
> next=20
> > weekend...
> >=20
> > I'm going to be bringing along a big-ish server which will
provide
> DHCP=20
> > etc.... but we are in need of a few LAN switches by the look of
> things...
> >=20
> > I believe John Tankard has the WLAN covered, by his kind
provision
> of no=20
> > less than 3 Linksys WAPII's (thanks John), but by my reckoning,
> we'll need=20
> > probably at least one LAN hub/switch per room...
> >=20
> > I have a "spare" 8-port 10/100 hub (not switch), which
I guess will