Re: RF to s-video/audio converter

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RF to s-video/audio converter
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:30:44 -0000

If there is no SCART socket or other baseband output connectors then
he could have a BIG problem using the RF Output.

Is it Analogue or Digital cable ?

When my sister had Analogue cable the output of the box was Nicam
encoded, I have no experience of Digital cable, however, the RF
output on most consumer gear is MONO AUDIO.

I assume the reason he wants to feed it into his amp is for the
surround sound. It would be worth testing with a Nicam TV to ensure
that you can actually get stereo before commiting to buying any form
of tuner module. You then need to ensure that said tuner can also
decode Nicam. A cheap S-VHS VCR would probably be the best option in
that case.

The comments about Video quality still stand. The output will be
worse than direct Composite so dont expect brilliant pictures.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "happy_hammer66" <bill.mcmahon@e...>