Re: Marmitek Micro Modules

On Monday 12 May 2003 11:25, m_surgenor wrote:
> Looking at these again this morning following Paul's question, I
> don't see any reference in their current sales literature to a claim
> that I believe was made when they were launched - i.e. "the
ability
> to work better in 'noisy'" environments". In practice what
does this
> mean, can anyone substantiate that?

> Would a Micro Module in this situation perform any better?

Mmm, difficult to say. I believe the claim is that the X10-receiver side of
things is better able to discriminate the X10 signal from background shite.
So one of their receiving jobbers might help, but one of their transmitters
probably won't.

My suspicion is that it's BS, and would be very difficult to prove. They'd
probably weasel out of it by saying it's only better Marmitek-to-marmitek,
IYSWIM.

ant
--
/\/\