Re: Re: Firming up UKHA2003 hardware

I can bring an 8 port switch and 16 port hub.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 10:18 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Firming up UKHA2003 hardware

Just ordered myself a 16 port switch from SCAN as a TodayOnly.

£52.88 inc VAT, total with P&P £64-63

Assuming I get it before Friday morning I will bring it along.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...>
wrote:
> Chaps, (and Jenni) :-)
>
> I think we are going to need some additional network hardware for
next
> weekend...
>
> I'm going to be bringing along a big-ish server which will provide
DHCP
> etc.... but we are in need of a few LAN switches by the look of
things...

> I believe John Tankard has the WLAN covered, by his kind provision
of no
> less than 3 Linksys WAPII's (thanks John), but by my reckoning,
we'll need
> probably at least one LAN hub/switch per room...
>
> I have a "spare" 8-port 10/100 hub (not switch), which I
guess will
be OK
> for one of the breakout rooms?.... can anyone provide use of 10/100
switches
> for the other breakout rooms & the main room?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul G.

> Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8
> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-
gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059

** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here:
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=1110