From: Mick Furlong
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 8:24 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Automatic Generator cut in

OK something on topic for a change;)

Scenario is as follows.....

Generator in outside boilerhouse

3xUPS (one with interface to Server PC) inside main house running some
lighting and some computer/networking kit.

Every imaginable cable type running between the boiler house and the main
house and a duct to run more if needed.

Questions are...
How do I get the generator to autostart if there is a mains failure?
Do I need a special generator (I haven't picked one yet)?
I believe the wiring needs to be isolated from the mains when the generator
is running how do I do this automatically?
How do I get the system to cut over to the mains once the power is back?
Finally how do I do all of this on a reasonable budget?

Thanks in advance for any ideas
Mick