RE: Re: New thread, goodbye

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: New thread, goodbye
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:09:53 +0100

> I will be switching to web only for much the same reason and will look
> in from now and then. Way too much Off-Off-OT chat for my liking, but
it
> is to be expected when the user base grows so high. I fail to see how
an
> ISP, or whatever O2 is,should be discussed on this list WITHOUT
> moderation. A recent, very much ON TOPIC, thread was closed becasue
two
> people started bickering!

About software licensing which I don't think has anything to do with HA, do
you?

> Does O2 hoster not have any support forum of their own? What
percentage
> of list members used this hosting company? <100 from 1000 members??

Agreed, and the very reason that Keith asked it to stop.

> Furthermore we then get ANOTHER ADVERT for some similar service that
is
> "no more expensive" and that the existing company "is
dead in the
> water". Kens post WAS NOT "purely for information" and
DID contain
> "personal opinions".

Yes my post was for information purposes and part of that information was
the fact that Chris was out on his own, but yes, I did have an opinion on
based on the information I had to hand which I shared. As I already pointed
out I only asked that the thread wasn't posted to in order to save a slew
of
totally OT replies while giving what info I could.

> Graeme then threatens to moderate all of Johns posts because he was
> "continuing to add to a thread that has been closed" -Which
thread? The
> blatent advert one? When was it closed? Keith closed the original
> rubbish about this topic and Ken reopened it. If you wanted to
moderate
> O2 Hoster stuff then you should have started last year.

The intent was not to re-open it merely to give as much information as I
could, I see no that I need not have bothered!

> This group was a hell of a lot better when it was self regulated.

IMHO it is! Since when was a topic or thread banned? When was a member
banned? When was the last time anyone was moderated?

If you want to have a huge debate about this or anything else, feel free
IMO, but just bear in mind the complaints that *WILL* come due to the OT
traffic.

K.