RE: O2 Hoster - The Current Situation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: O2 Hoster - The Current Situation
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 20:55:44 +0100

> sorry, what happens if we do?

Nothing, the reason I asked the thread not to be replied to was save
needless traffic of full of people's personal opinions on the list which
has
no relevance to the HA theme of this list, as well as being one of those
"emotive" subjects. Pretty much like your response was.

The other reason was that the O2 threads had been asked to be closed on the
list, this was purely for information, what part of "do not
reply" was hard
to grasp for you?

> surely if people have paid money because of chris's involvement with
o2
> AND his involvement with UKHA they have every right to
"pry"? chris has
> sold this service to UKHA members *because* of the goodwill he has
> generated as a UKHA member. how can you say "that is enough
detail" to
> people who have paid money *only* because it is chris who was selling
> it?

Chris worked for O2, that's it everyone knew that and no-one IMHO has any
right to pry into his personal business with an ex-employer from this group
even if they were customers of that company that's just plain rude and
stupid IMO. Chris didn't so much sell it as tried to get us all a deal on
it
given the volume from UKHA, I don't see any problem there do you? And your
contention that Chris is somehow responsible for an ex-employers action is,
quite frankly, so stupidly ridiculous I can't believe anyone would even
think that let alone post it!

The details of Chris's dispute with O2 are nothing to do with you, me or
anyone else on this group, if there's an issue with O2 then it's with O2
and
the people responsible for providing the service now, not in the past.

> who exactly are o2? i always presumed they were they same o2 that
> sponsored arsenal football club? if not i'm quite amazed that o2 the
> communications company 1) didn't stop o2 the hosting company or 2)
chose
> the name if an firm with that name existed. and if they are the same
> company, why are they in such a desperate need of chris's tech
support?

O2 Hoster can be found in the companies register if you had bothered to
check it I'm sure if you look and it's not O2 the telecoms provider.

> i'm just glad i stayed away from this so-called amazing deal from the
> start, i knew it would end in tears.

So if you have nothing to do with it why on earth did you see the need to
basically stir it up then?

> > No, remember the rider at the top **DO NOT REPLY TO THIS**
>
> whoops.

Well John all I can say is that I'm not impressed.

K.