RE: O2 Hoster - The Current Situation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: O2 Hoster - The Current Situation
  • From: "John Risby" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 20:22:49 +0100

> Right before I start **DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST!!**

sorry, what happens if we do?

> Basically Chris Bond parted ways with O2 a few weeks ago and
> set up his own hosting company www.rapidhoster.co.uk due to
> difficulties with O2 and the management of O2. That is enough
> detail on that and the rest is Chris's own private dealings
> with O2 and we have no right whatsoever to pry into that.

surely if people have paid money because of chris's involvement with o2
AND his involvement with UKHA they have every right to "pry"?
chris has
sold this service to UKHA members *because* of the goodwill he has
generated as a UKHA member. how can you say "that is enough
detail" to
people who have paid money *only* because it is chris who was selling
it?

> Now it appears that because Chris is no longer with O2 that
> the problems cannot be solved as they seem to have no tech
> admin. So, in effect O2 is dead in the water as things stand
> unless Chris graciously steps in and fixes it for them,
> something that, due to the above he is not overly keen to do
> and I'm sure we can all appreciate that he is in a difficult
> position over this.

who exactly are o2? i always presumed they were they same o2 that
sponsored arsenal football club? if not i'm quite amazed that o2 the
communications company 1) didn't stop o2 the hosting company or 2) chose
the name if an firm with that name existed. and if they are the same
company, why are they in such a desperate need of chris's tech support?

i'm just glad i stayed away from this so-called amazing deal from the
start, i knew it would end in tears.

> No, remember the rider at the top **DO NOT REPLY TO THIS**

whoops.

john